What you as a prospective client can expect from us:
FAQ and Answers:
1. Why should I chose your company over the other painters?
- Attention to detail
- Only quality materials are ever used
- Excellent customer service
- Clean lines, smooth coatings
- On time and on budget
- Local family owned business
Here are the rest of our reasons:
2. What type of paint products do you use?
We use only the best. According to consumer reports, and our extensive side by side testing of all major paint brands, BEHR paint products outranked and outperformed every paint on the market hands down.
3. Is there a warranty on paint and labor?
We personally offer a 1 year limited warranty on labor performed. BEHR offers limited lifetime warranties on most of their paints and stains.
4. Are you licensed and insured?
Yes we are. We always come prepared to show a copy of our insurance to each potential client. Our Texas Use and Sales Tax Permit is available upon request. In the state of Texas it is not required to have a license to paint. However, we go far beyond industry standard in order to do our best for each client from the purchasing of materials to the final brushstroke.
5. Who will oversee my job?
Our Managing Partner, David Hutchins will oversee our team of painters throughout the painting process. Meet our entire team and view our values by clicking on the About Us Page.
6. How much will my project cost?
The exact figure will depend upon a number of factors. We will discuss your project in person, and will give a detailed written estimate after your questions have been thoroughly answered.
7. How long will my project take?
Just like the above question, "how much will the project cost," it really does vary. Based on square footage, prep involved, details, and the amount of furniture involved can determine how fast or how long your specific project will take. That said, our team of painters are committed to ensuring you have a finished paint product in a reasonable amount of time.
8. How can I get someone to give me an estimate?
- Call 281-297-8565
- Email us at: email@example.com
- Facebook us at: www.facebook.com/ptcomc
- Click on the social links found on our Home page or the bottom header of every page.
9. Why is there a difference in price between the multiple bids I received?
In most cases there will always be the low baller, the average Joe, and the more specialized painter.
Here at Painting the Coat of Many Colors, LLC we offer premium products and services that cater to your needs.
10. Do you have references?
Yes! Our company was founded on and has been maintained through word of mouth advertising. Please click on the Client Testimonials Page to see what our extremely satisfied clients have to say about us and our services.
11. How do you protect my valuables and property?
Every job is important to us. To show this, we tape and plastic off all areas where we spray, and cover all furniture and floors with canvas tarps according to the work being done.
12. Can I leave my home or office when the painters are working?
Of course. We understand that life gets busy and not everyone has time to watch paint dry. That is why we have taken the time to do extensive background checks on every one of our team members. This is to ensure your peace of mind, while you leave to run those last minute errands.
13. Do you offer color consultation and painting ideas?
As a matter of fact we do! Because each home and office is different and has unique, architectural layouts, we enjoy offering ideas on what would make your space look its best. This is done through accent walls and creative colors that matches your personality with your structure's design.
14. What are my responsibilities before work starts?
- Please clear any clutter from the rooms to be painted. This would include picture frames, light furniture, breakables, curtains etc.
- Unplug all electronic devices from the walls that are to be painted (landline, wireless router, etc.)
- Heavy furniture.
- Trim any bushes that would prohibit us from working on your exterior.
- Fire ant bites, along with wasp and bee stings are no fun. We would kindly ask you to exterminate them beforehand.
- Removal of deck and or patio furniture.
15. Will there be touch-up paint left over?
Always. We usually leave behind a quart of touch-up paint per color with one paint can opener, a label of where the paint was applied, and the label with the color formula just in case.
16. What are the differences in paint sheens (Flat, Eggshell, Satin, & Semi-gloss)?
- Flat is generally used for low traffic areas and is great for ceilings, closets, and media rooms. It is the least durable when it comes to scrubbing and cleaning, and is the least preferred by those with active lifestyles.
- Eggshell is a very common sheen. It works well for those that want more durability, yet desire not to have a noticeable shine on their walls. It is great for dining rooms, foyers, and bedrooms.
- Satin works great for families with younger children, those that enjoy entertaining, and people that want complete assurance of wiping down the wall with no headaches. It works best for bathrooms, kitchens and hallways. It is the sheen with the most shine that we apply to walls. Satin and Semi-gloss are the only sheens we use for exterior work due to the elements.
- Semi-gloss is the most durable and is also the sheen with the most shine. It is used on interior cabinetry, woodworking and trim. We do not apply this sheen to interior walls.
17. Are the paint fumes safe for my family?
The "new paint" smell is caused by a high volume of volatile organic compounds also know as VOCs. VOCs can be harmful to breath in without the proper respirator. Most cabinetry and trim carpentry is sprayed with oil-based paint which contains many VOCs and takes at least 24 hours to cure. We offer 100% acrylic enamel paint that has little to zero VOCs for walls and ceilings, and we can even use scented paint additives upon request so you can breath safely and easily for the duration of your project.
18. What happens if I decide to change direction in the middle of a project?
We are always willing to accommodate our clients as we work to exceed your expectations. Our change order process is simple and streamlined. This is in part due to the way we customize every estimate in order to accommodate the needs of each client's lifestyle.